The Curse of Eleanor Crabtree
Romance and jealousy
1009 ways to die
Awake and alone
Click on the tracks above to listen.
Scroll through the playlist for more.
Short Film (2011)
dir. James Cowen | prod. James Cowen | edit. James Cowen
JimmyC.tv Design and Direction
- Official Selection, Palm Springs International Shortfest Film Festival (2012)
- Official Selection, Pollygrind Underground Film Festival, Las Vegas (2012)
- Official Selection, Washington DC Independent Film Festival (2013)
- Official Selection, Fantastic Planet Film Festival, Sydney (2013)
- Official Selection, Newport Beach Film Festival, California (2013)
- Official Selection, Seattle International Film Festival, (2013)
- Official Selection, Bumbershoot Film Festival, Seattle (2013)
- Official Selection, Canberra Short Film Festival, (2013)
“A hearse, the curse and some twisted verse.”
The Curse of Eleanor Crabtree is a short film by James Cowen that tells the tale of a woman cursed by immortality and the extreme steps she takes to be reunited with her murdered fiance. Inspired in part by the wonderful Tim Burton’s ‘A Nightmare before Christmas’ , this black comedy is set in a surreal world stuck somewhere between the 18th Century and the 1950s. The film fuses animation and live action techniques to construct a unique and hilarious slice of life, told as a rhyming poem.
Rather immodestly, I freaking love this score. It’s not often I get to put my Danny Elfman hat on…